Christian education is based upon the way, the truth and the life that Christ taught while He was on Earth.
Central to a Christian education is the revelation about God and His creation given to us through the Word of God and the meta-narrative that it unfolds.
Christian education has been an important part of the work of believers since the time of Christ.
Our approach to Christian education is best understood by looking at what Jesus said is the greatest commandment – to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength.
HEART - Our spiritual wellbeing
- Learning about God and His invitation to become, and then live, as a child of God.
- Our understanding of origin:- we were made by God for fellowship with Him as our father.
MIND - Our God-given ability to think and reason
- Learning every day about the world God has made and reading and studying His Word to find out what He requires of each of us as we discover the meaning of life.
- Our understanding of meaning:- life only has meaning as we refer to God's intention for life.
SOUL - Our relationship with others
- Finding out about how to relate to others who are imperfect through kindness, forgiveness and understanding. We are to live at peace with others.
- Our understanding of morality:- God's word is a moral compass for all decisions.
STRENGTH - Our own personal development
- Finding our sense of God-given calling. We want to teach students to live every moment before God.
- Our understanding of destiny:- to worship God around His throne.